Linking and Unlinking TablesWatch Video
1. This video will show how to Link and Unlink Tables.
2. There will be times when a reservation will need an additional table, or tables, in order to accommodate the arrival of more guests to the original party.
3. To add, or Link, a table or tables to a reservation, click on the Link icon [two chain links], on the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. After the Link icon turns red, click and drag the primary table to the table you want to link it to, then let go.
5. All information from the primary table will be duplicated on the linked table.
6. You can link more tables as are needed.
7. In this example, let us add, or link, two more tables to the primary table.
8. Let's say, shortly after, the guests ask to cancel the addition of the last two tables. To unlink the last two tables, simply click the now red Link icon.
9. Then click the last table you need to unlink from the primary table.
10. A Quick Edit window comes up on the screen, and on it, click the Unlink icon near the bottom of the screen.
11. When the screen returns to the Floor Plan, the last table linked will now be unlinked and all the information on it will be removed.
12. Repeating the procedure for the next table to be unlinked, we again click on that table. When the Quick Edit window appears, click on the Unlink icon. When the screen returns to the Floor Plan, the table will get unlinked and the information on it will be removed as well.
(Note that only that only tables with no reservation assigned to them can be linked to another table.)
Hours of Operation
Host and Management Level Permissions
Auto-Assign: Let RestaurantConnect choose a table when a reservation is booked.
Quick Requests: Reduce repetitive typing with predefined keywords.
Auto-Agreement: Trigger a reservation for larger parties.
Taken-by: Require a user's name or initials for better operational accountability.
Permissions: Enable or restrict user's ability to exceed inventory limits.
Tax reservation confirmations & reminders: Enable text communications with guests.
Reservation policy: Include in guest communications for reservation confirmations and reminders.
User access levels